We are fast approaching one of the biggest biker rally’s of the year.
Sturgis Bike rally is coming up in just a few days!
Sturgis Bike Rally 78th year is coming up: August 3rd to August 12th. Are you ready? This is 10 days/nights of fun in the sun. (and a few thunderstorms as well)
The weather is going to be fairly hot. From the low 80s – high 80s with some cloud coverage and a few thunderstorms in the afternoon. So be prepared, rain gear is a must for this adventure.
There are so many beautiful rides that you can discover during the day. The scenery is beautiful nothing short of amazing! Here are a few of my favorite rides. You can find maps of all rides on line.
- The Badlands – Easy ride, 3 hours and 158 miles Rapid City Rapid
- Central – Easy ride, 3 hours and 71 miles Rapid City
- Northern – Moderate to challenging 2.5 hours and 100 miles Sturgis.
- Southern – Moderate 2.5 miles and 100 miles Hill City.
- These are just to name a few. When choosing a ride it’s good to make sure you are prepared for any types of weather. It will start out very HOT but the rain might come so be ready!
There are endless events that you can watch and/or be part of. Some events besides the wonderful rides, concerts and vendors are: The Burger Battle, Ride with Locals, Beard and Mustache contest, Military appreciation day, tattoo contest and the Mayor Poker run.
Here are a few of the concerts that will be going on throughout the week. Kid Rock, Buckcherry, Trace Adkins, Eric Church and Jackyl to name a few.
There is also awesome and amazing bars. One Eyed Jacks Saloon, The Knuckle, The Buffalo Chip, the Oasis and Full Throttle.
Yes, Full Throttle has made a come back! After a horrible fire a few years back I am happy to say that Full Throttle was back last year (in a different location) and will continue to grow for years to come. Full Throttle was one of my favorite places to visit when I was attending the rally. I did not go last year but previous years I had fun Zip lining above the crowd as well as concerts all day and all night!
Please remember that the Sturgis Police are out in full force and that is a good thing, they are there to protect us.
- No drinking and driving. It seems the past several years the DUI arrests keep going up and up. Please be careful. There are shuttles and buses that you can take.
- No Illegal drugs! SD has a zero tolerance for all drugs and will arrest you. (yes, even if you only have a little weed and are from Colorado)
- Follow all Traffic signals – as always make sure to stop at all red lights and stop signs. You must wait don’t pass on the right shoulder.
- Bike modifications – You can get a ticket if your pipes are too loud. I know, that is a strange one but if you have to question your pipes make sure to get them checked out so that you don’t get a ticket.
- Indecent exposure – There is no dress code but keep your naughty parts covered at all times.
- Under 18 must wear a helmet and all riders need eye protection
- Parking violations. It gets packed downtown so be patient and expect to walk a bit if you are riding. Don’t park in a no parking zone you will get a ticket.
Get your Bucket List ready!
Whether you are going for the entire time or for just a few days you will have a great time. There is way too much to see and do so if there are things that really grab your attention figure out when and where those events are taking place. Write down all the adventures that you want to have. You might get sidetracked and miss a few things on your list but don’t forget there is always next year!
Please send pictures! I would love to see them!
Be safe and have fun!!